Riffa Views International School recognizes an obligation to provide a competitive Sports Program in which students are given a chance to be part of a team, compete with other schools, and represent their own school. Competing in sports offers students a unique experience of being part of a team and working towards a common goal, teaching them many things including commitment, perseverance, teamwork, and responsibility.
In particular, the program should:
- Be consistent with the overall mission statement of the school.
- Promote a healthy, balanced, and productive lifestyle.
- Promote skills, understanding, and attitudes necessary to become a life-long learner.
- Include opportunities to compete with and against students from different parts of the world.
- Foster a balance between academics and sport.
- Be staffed by RVIS faculty to enhance the interpersonal relationship within the school whenever possible.
- Provide quality facilities and equipment to support all teams equally.