The RVIS Dolphins Athletic Program has gone from strength to strength with increasing numbers of students choosing to represent the school in competitive leagues. We have age group teams starting in Elementary School, as well as Under 13, Junior Varsity (Under 16) and Varsity teams.
The school competes in variety of sports, including Soccer, Basketball, Volleyball, Track and Field, Cross Country, Tennis, Badminton and Swimming.
RVIS is a member of three leagues:
- PSL (Primary Sports League)
- BPSSL (Bahrain Private Schools Sports League)
- OASIS Activities Conference
Our student-athletes model our school mission with Respect, Honesty and Responsibility and we intend to carry on this tradition with our students continually growing and achieving. Our coaches and students come from a variety of backgrounds and this international approach enhances our programs and the experience of being an RVIS Dolphin. Every member of the coaching staff is passionate about their sport and continues to maintain the highest possible standards.
Season 2 sign up
The following guidelines form the basis of all the rules established at RVIS.
- RVIS students respect themselves. They are honest and honorable in their actions at school and with others.
- RVIS Students respect others and the right of everyone to be able to work and learn in a safe, caring and supportive environment. They are kind, considerate and thoughtful. RVIS students support and help others.
- RVIS students respect the environment. They take care of their school and their planet, and respect the property of others.
At RVIS, Middle School students are exposed to both music and theatre. Sixth grade students take a generalized music class, in which they explore music history and creation, they study theory, and they learn to play the guitar and sing in a choir. Seventh grade students participate in Creative Dramatics- a class designed to introduce them to many aspects of dramatic performance. This class allows students to explore imaginative play, Readers Theatre scripts, puppet-making and improvisation techniques. The eighth grade students combine what they have learned in sixth and seventh grade while participating in a Musical Theatre class. They not only learn about the history of New York’s ‘Great White Way,’ and London’s West End, but they have the chance to explore various roles in the theatre.
In High School, students are able to choose between Theatre and Art as an elective. In Theatre, students perform monologues and scenes in various styles. They explore the history of theatre, going back as far as the Greeks through to modern day performances. Students analyse scripts and do research to determine a characters background and motivation.
The performing arts are a vibrant and exciting part of the RVIS community.
- Higher university and college acceptance rates for IB graduates than for total population applicants
- Increased scholarship and grant opportunities
- A college level academic program that transitions students to university and college standards
- Interdisciplinary instruction to encourage international-mindedness
- Fostering of lifelong learning
- Group 1
1. English A: Language and Literature - SL and HL
2. Arabic A:Language and Literature - SL and HL
3. School Supported Language A-Literature (Self Taught) – SL
- Group 2
1. Arabic B: SL and HL
2. Arabic ab initio: SL
3. French ab initio (online) SL
4. Mandarin ab initio (online) SL
5. Spanish ab initio (online) SL
- Group 3
1. History: SL and HL
2. Economics SL & HL
3. Business and Management (online): SL and HL
4. Int. Tech. in a Global Society: (online) HL & SL
5. Psychology (online) HL & SL
- Group 4
1. Biology SL and HL
2. Chemistry SL and HL
3. Physics SL and HL
- Group 5
1. Math Studies SL
2. Math SL
3. Math HL
- Group 6
1. Visual Arts SL and HL
2. Film (online) SL
If you are planning to participate in the IB Diploma Programme, RVIS has a very dedicated and supportive environment to assist your child to achieve their goals. We have an experienced well trained staff that will advise your student through each step of the process. The teachers at RVIS are highly qualified. Each teacher also holds at least one IB training certificate in their subject area, as well as years of experience and degree qualifications. Many of our teachers are IB examiners.
The IB Diploma program is a two year program that begins in the 11th grade and concludes at the end of students’ 12th grade year. Preparation for the Diploma Programme at RVIS begins in the 9th grade and continues through 10th grade. Therefore, by attending RVIS high school as a freshman, students will have two full years of Pre-IB training before beginning the program in the 11th grade. Heavy emphasis is placed on research essay writing, experimental science laboratory experience, mathematical preparation, second language development, social science knowledge, and development in the arts.